If your roof is over 20 years old then getting your roof repaired is not your best option. Any roofing contractor will tell you that roofing repair only goes so far. Eventually new roof installation is the only option.
When it comes to selecting a new roof for your Fishers, Carmel, or Indianapolis home or business there are a lot of factors to consider. The two most common types of roofing materials are asphalt and metal. There are several reasons why roofing contractors recommend these two types of materials the most. Both materials have their pros and cons.
• Asphalt shingles are affordable
• There are a variety of styles
• It is easy to install
• Asphalt shingles are not resistant to extreme temperatures
• Requires regular maintenance
• Not environmentally friendly
• Metal Roofing has a long life expectancy
• It is fire resistance
• Does not accumulate rain and snow because of the surface
• It is lightweight
• Metal roofing is expensive
• Metal roofing can be noisy
• It dents easily